201"Seva" by Sharon Pacione

  • coronaborealis444
    Dec 19, 2001
      Hi Everyone:

      At "Spaces" Art Gallery in Cleveland, there is a project
      I just participated in to create an artwork in memory
      of a person who lost their life in the WTC tragedy. I
      chose to write a poem for two people, a man and a woman.
      The "art" piece had to fit on a 4" x 6" piece of see-
      through paper and all submissions will be viewed through
      an envelope identical to the paper. The exhibition opens
      January 4 from 5-9 and runs until February 15, 2002.
      Here is the first poem.

      Peace and love,
      Sharon 444

      SEVA
      *selfless service*

      courage beyond the call of duty
      a hero gets his gossamer wings
      connected to the soul of Seva
      theme of the final song he sings

      concern for the welfare of others
      called forth fates now intertwined
      all breathed their last breath together
      comforted by a brotherhood mind

      a new star appears in the heavens
      Matthew Barnes is that light
      one person who made a difference
      shines on, the brightest of the bright

      by Sharon Pacione
      December 18, 2001
      Wdestiny44@...

      In memory of Matthew Barnes
      Firefighter, New York Fire Dept.
      Returned to Spirit 9-11-2001, WTC

      May Peace and Love prevail on Earth and
      in the hearts of all humanity for all of life.