1010"Wise Woman" (Croning Ceremony Poem) by Sharon Pacione

    Mar 2, 2005
      I've been talking to a friend about a croning ceremony she's preparing for later this year, and it made me think of this poem that I wrote for my own ceremony a few years ago. I'd like to share these words with all the crones receiving this and with those who know these women in their own communities.

      In my glee at coming into the age of 'wisdom', the great teaching, for me personally, was/is the realization that I know very little. This has become a strangely satisfying lesson in my quest to re-member more. Creator continues to place tasty breadcrumbs upon the path for this amazing journey into consciousness.

      In the spirit of re-membering our drop of the ocean,
      Sharon 444

      Wise Woman

      maiden, maiden blooming fair
      begin each day without a care
      free to chase dreams on a dare
      sweet innocence, the cloak you wear

      mother, mother arms unfold
      husband, children, friends all told
      your open arms are lined with gold
      container of the strength you hold

      behold the sage, wise woman crone
      it's harvest time of seeds long sown
      impart the knowledge you now own
      to touch forever those you've known

      your giveaway is washed with tears,
      a mixture of both love and fears
      accumulated through the years
      tested with wise woman peers

      stand up tall wise woman crone
      transformed by wisdom you now own
      within the circle stand alone
      re-claim the power your soul has grown

      by Sharon Pacione, 1998
      (first used at my June 21, 1998 Croning Ceremony)

      spirit of buddha
      wanders through my heart and mind
      trying not to laugh

      by Sharon Pacione

      To know all, it is necessary to know very little: but to know that
      very little, one must first know pretty much."
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Georges I. Gurdjieff (1872-1949)