Re: Vistytis on Lithuanian TV

  • kociubaitis
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 18, 2003
      hello
      The next part of this documentary film will be shown on next
      Wednesday at 17.30 (local time) on lrt national TV.
      regards.
      kociubaitis

      --- In Vistytis@yahoogroups.com, Linas Katilius <linaskat@y...>
      wrote:
      > Hello,
      >
      > Lithuanian national TV (LTV) showed a documentary called Vistytis
      from the series Our Little Towns on Wednesday. In one hour
      documentary, most attention was paid to the period of 1918-1940,
      local old-timers told their memories about church-going, relations
      between all the ethnical groups, the lake, etc. It was very
      interesting.
      > The second part of the documentary will be shown some time later.
      >
      > regards,
      >
      > Linas

    • Jan S. Krogh
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 24, 2004
        In today's Lietuvos rytas it is another article about the former Russian end of Dariaus ir Gireno gatve.

        It seems the LTRU border treaty was effective from 1 Feb 2004!

        The article tells in short that on Feb 1st the Russian guard left his position and the three families had until recently a normal free life for the first time in 13 years.  But then the Lithuanian border police appeared and demanded border passes because they are living inside an about 200 metres deep "border protection zone" (something in the same tradition as in the Soviet Union and Finland).

        But the Border Police says that everybody who needs will certainly get a permission to enter the border zone.  The inhabitants are complaining that craftsmen are avoiding jobs in this area and that even ambulance personell and medics needs to obtain a border pass before they can enter this end of the street.

        Jan

      • Jan S. Krogh
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 25, 2004
          In today's Lithuanian daily Lietuvos rytas the Lithuanian border police is regretting that the three Lithuanian pensioner families in former Russian zone happened to be located inside the border protection zone.  Last night the "Stop"-sign was removed and they can invite visitors as they wish!  Nobody needs any permissions anymore.

          Jan