Re: [Vistytis] Guenther, Dingfeld, Klotzober

  • Don Guenther
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 4, 2003
      Bill --

      I am not sure whether my Kalweit line originates between Wizjany and Vystitis.  I do have the families descended from a Franz Kalweit (born circa 1840). Christian, Joseph, Frederick and Gustav Kalweit, his sons, all settled in Cleveland. I have the family trees for these four men. I have no knowledge of any sisters to either Franz Kalweit or his four sons.

      Don

      Greenvale <greenvale@...> wrote:
      Don

      I have a Maria Kalveit from the Vistytis area.  She married Jakob Dokstein.  Do you have any specifics on your Kalveit line?

      Sent: Saturday, August 30, 2003 2:58 PM
      Subject: [Vistytis] Guenther, Dingfeld, Klotzober

      Hello Group Members --

      The German side of my family comes from the region around Vystitis or
      Westetin as my grandparents pronounced it. Family stories centered
      around Vystitis and Wizajny which is now in present-day Poland. My
      grandfather told stories of the cossacks (or at least the Russian
      Army) coming around in sweeps for the young men and how the boys all
      hid. Also there are stories of some of my female ancestors (sisters)
      crossing the border into Prussia to allegedly go after their ducks.
      Six or seven would cross the border, five or six would return. That
      is how they got out so as to emigrate to America.

      My families of interest are Guenther, Klotzober, Kalweit, and
      Dingfeld. Martin Klotzober listed Westetin on his immigration papers
      to the States.

      Thanks!  This board is great!  I hope to visit both Vystitis and
      Wizajny within the next few years.

      Don Guenther

      Do you Yahoo!?