Re: [Vistytis] Goldberg

  • Sherene Tregellas
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 21, 2003
      Good Morning Bill,

      Thank you for your reply.
      At this point I have to say I'm not really sure if the Goldberg family were Jewish or Lutheran. My elderly grandfather seems to recall talk of the family being Jewish. I sent off to England for a marriage certificate (1925) and the service was held in a Church of England church.
      I would appreciate your help with the Lutheran Church records for Vistytis.  Lewis Goldberg was born c1853 in Vistytis, he may have had a sister named Rebecca born c1855. Thats all I know about Lewis until he married Sheba in 1874 in England.

      Best Wishes
      Sherene