Re: Leeds Question

  • romitch30
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 12, 2003
      It would help if we had information on the routes followed by
      emigrants from Vistytis starting in the 1860s and for every decade
      after. Does anyone have such information for their kinsmen?

      I have gone through the records for these other ports -- with no
      success. (My relatives first arrived in 1865 followed by other
      relatives in the early 1880s followed still later through to the end
      of the century.) We have only been able to discover one of ten or so
      immigrants. She came directly from Bremen. We have not fully
      explored the Hamburg direct and indirect lists. It seems possible
      (likely) that the arrivals may have used different family names, so
      the key identifiers would be home (village), age, sex, and year of
      arrival. Some of these arrivals may have come directly from a
      European port, but I believe some came via England - - hence the
      interest in more northerly English ports (rather than only London).

      Thanks,

      REM