Re: [Vistytis] Re: My Vistytis Connection

  • Sherry Landa
    Message 1 of 17 , Jun 24, 2003
      Nothing at all starting SAT or ZAT...not sure what other variants there may
      be.

      Sorry :-(
      Sherry

      I have no hard documentation of Jokubas being a Jew, just family
      hearsay. Jokubas was known to be a Jew by several different family
      sources. Did you happen to find any variations of Satula? The reason
      I ask is that I found Jokubas and Ieve in the 1920 census under the
      name Sataulis, at least I think it was them. Their ages, location,
      immigration dates, and given names matched. The only exception was
      that their surname was spelled Sataulis instead of Satula.
    • jbarlow5
      Message 2 of 17 , Jun 24, 2011
        I am trying to contact Eric or Sherry about this family and we would really like some help, I am working with Antanas (Tony) Satula who is the Grandson of Jokubas

        Joe

        --- In Vistytis@yahoogroups.com, "Sherry Landa" <sherry.landa@...> wrote:

        > Eric, what dates are you talking about with these people?
        >
        > Best Wishes,
        > Sherry Landa (in Salford LAN England)
        >
        > My great-grandfather, Jurgis
        > Satula, was a Lithuanian immigrant born in Vistytis. My great-
        > grandmother, Elsbiete Vavigaite, whom Jurgis met and married in
        > America, was from Marijampole.
        >
        > Jurgis's parents (my great-great-grandparents) were Jokubas Satula
        > and Jeva Arnauskaite, both from Vistytis. Jeva was the daughter of
        > James Arnauskas and Madalen Reinentas. Jokubas was a Lithuanian Jew.
        > His parents were Tomas Satula and Anna Galinskas.

      • Joe Barlow
        Message 3 of 17 , Jun 26, 2011
          Sherry,

          Thanks for getting back to me, please contact me off group, no need to anything to this thread now

          jbarlow5 at aol dot com