Re: My Vistytis Connection

  • Eric
    Message 1 of 17 , Jun 24, 2003
      Sherry,

      I have no hard documentation of Jokubas being a Jew, just family
      hearsay. Jokubas was known to be a Jew by several different family
      sources. Did you happen to find any variations of Satula? The reason
      I ask is that I found Jokubas and Ieve in the 1920 census under the
      name Sataulis, at least I think it was them. Their ages, location,
      immigration dates, and given names matched. The only exception was
      that their surname was spelled Sataulis instead of Satula.

      Eric

      --- In Vistytis@yahoogroups.com, "Sherry Landa" <sherry.landa@v...>
      wrote:
      > Hi again Eric,
      >
      > Are you sure that Jokubas Satula was a Lithuanian Jew? I have
      checked
      > *Towards a Yizkor book for Vishtinetz* by David L Langenberg and
      there is no
      > mention of the name SATULA.
      >
      > Best Wishes,
      > Sherry Landa
      >
      > > My great-grandfather, Jurgis
      > > Satula, was a Lithuanian immigrant born in Vistytis. My great-
      > > grandmother, Elsbiete Vavigaite, whom Jurgis met and married in
      > > America, was from Marijampole.
      > >
      > > Jurgis's parents (my great-great-grandparents) were Jokubas Satula
      > > and Jeva Arnauskaite, both from Vistytis. Jeva was the daughter of
      > > James Arnauskas and Madalen Reinentas. Jokubas was a Lithuanian
      > Jew.
      > > His parents were Tomas Satula and Anna Galinskas.
    • Sherry Landa

        Message 3 of 17 , Jun 24, 2011
          I am trying to contact Eric or Sherry about this family and we would really like some help, I am working with Antanas (Tony) Satula who is the Grandson of Jokubas

          Joe

          --- In Vistytis@yahoogroups.com, "Sherry Landa" <sherry.landa@...> wrote:

          > Eric, what dates are you talking about with these people?
          >
          > Best Wishes,
          > Sherry Landa (in Salford LAN England)
          >
          > My great-grandfather, Jurgis
          > Satula, was a Lithuanian immigrant born in Vistytis. My great-
          > grandmother, Elsbiete Vavigaite, whom Jurgis met and married in
          > America, was from Marijampole.
          >
          > Jurgis's parents (my great-great-grandparents) were Jokubas Satula
          > and Jeva Arnauskaite, both from Vistytis. Jeva was the daughter of
          > James Arnauskas and Madalen Reinentas. Jokubas was a Lithuanian Jew.
          > His parents were Tomas Satula and Anna Galinskas.

        • Joe Barlow
          Message 4 of 17 , Jun 26, 2011
            Sherry,

            Thanks for getting back to me, please contact me off group, no need to anything to this thread now

            jbarlow5 at aol dot com