Klampucki/Kleinman

  • gallienus
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 27, 2012
      I wanted to thank Neil for posting three fascinating pictures of Vishtinetz school children, which included some of his Klampucki/Kleinman relatives. I had no idea that some Vishtinetz landsmen had settled in western Canada.

      I have been collecting information about Vishtinetz families and here is what I previously had about the Klampucki family:

      The name presumably comes from the village of Klampuciai, south of Vilkaviškis.

      Meir Klompitzki lived in Vishtinetz in 1899. (See Hamelitz, no. 85)

      Judel Klampuzki, 23, dealer, Russia, Hebrew, last residence Wilkowischky, final destination New York, friend U. Lurje, 48 Hester St., New York, a passenger on the S. F. "Finland," from Antwerp, 7 January 1905, arrived in New York on 18 January 1905.

      Dwoire Klamputzky, aged 46, widow, from Wysztienen, final destination New York, son-in-law paid passage, son-in-law Jacob Aronsohn, 108 Broome St., New York, was a passenger on the S. S. "Rotterdam," from Rotterdam, froom Rotterdam, on 15 July 1905, arrived in New York on 25 July 1905. She was detained, to meet son. Disposition, daughter Mrs. Jacob Harrison, 198 Broome, New York City, charged for one breakfast, one lunch, and one dinner.

      Rosa Klampucky, 21, domestic, speaks Yiddish, German, Russian, and Lithuanian, Hebrew, last residence Vistytis, father Mejer Klampucky, Vistytis, Lithuania, final destination Niagara Falls, New York, uncle William K. Levey, 113 Falls Street, Niagara Falls, New York, 5' 2", dark complexion, black hair, brown eyes, born in Vistytis, a passenger on the S. S. "Aquitania," from Southampton, 24 June 1922, arrived in New York on 1 July 1922; detained at 3.40 pm to call aunt Ruth Kolker, 2876 E … Coney Island, New York, released 4.10 pm, no meals.

      David Langenberg
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 17, 2012

        I think I remember reading about someone who was researching the Lazarus name in Vistytis. I just got results from Family Finder which is through Family Tree DNA, and one of my cousin's family names is Lazarus from Vistytis. I am therefore apparently related to the Lazarus family as well as the Krohn family.

        Any information would be appreciate