Re: [Vistytis] Birth Records from 1877

  • intrigues01@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , May 13, 2011

      Thank you for your response. What happened to the catholic records?

      Mark

      In a message dated 5/13/2011 5:20:16 P.M. Central Daylight Time, greenvale@... writes:

      Mark

      The Catholic records for Vistytis are not available.  However, if your family was of the Lutheran faith, then those records are available on microfilm through the LDS family history center.

      Bill

      From: <intrigues01@...>
      Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 11:56:49 EDT
      To: <Vistytis@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: Re: [Vistytis] Birth Records from 1877

      Hi

      I tried 3 times before with No response.

      I am looking for information on my family. My great Great Grandfather moved to Vistytis from a family estate named filllipa now in poland. His son was born  in Vistytis with 4 brothers and 2 sisters. He married  a lady Anna who was a only child who owned 80 hectords in Pa Vistytis. The family was a titled family who's name is Zlatarinskas. I have been there 3 times and talked to the government and the local priest. They both tell me that either the records wear destroyed during the war or taken by the Russians. But It appears  from reading here that others are able to find information on their family.

      Mark