Re: [Vistytis] Registers books from roman-catholic church

  • vilius kociubaitis
    Message 1 of 6 , May 8 11:28 AM
      Hello,
      they are not stored in Vistytis, I always thought they are in archives  in Warsaw...

      Vilius Kočiubaitis
      [vilkovist]

      Message 2 of 6 , May 9 3:40 AM
        No, they aren't. Archive in Warsaw has only 2 documents about credits for owners of facilities in Vistytis (Wisztyniec). So if register / metrical books are not in Polish archives, neither in Lithuanian ones, seems they are completely lost...
        From above documents you can learn names of habitants: Karol Miculewicz, owner of salt's warehouse and Jankiel Zan, Wizanska str 24 (year 1844).

        Message 3 of 6 , May 9 3:54 AM
          Hello,

          tese are contacts and links  I sugest You can ask and get some information

          Kun. Vaidas Klesevičius

          Pareigos: Kunigas

          Aptarnauja: Marijampolę, Virbalį, Vištytį

          Kontaktai: +370 611 18166, vaidaskl@...

          http://www.liuteronai.lt/Dvasininkai/Kun.-Vaidas-Klesevicius

          http://www.liuteronai.lt/Pradzia

          Vilius Kočiubaitis
          [vilkovist]

          No, they aren't. Archive in Warsaw has only 2 documents about credits for owners of facilities in Vistytis (Wisztyniec) . So if register / metrical books are not in Polish archives, neither in Lithuanian ones, seems they are completely lost...
          From above documents you can learn names of habitants: Karol Miculewicz, owner of salt's warehouse and Jankiel Zan, Wizanska str 24 (year 1844).

          --- In Vistytis@yahoogroup s.com, vilius kociubaitis <kociubaitis@ ...> wrote:

          > Hello,
          > they are not stored in Vistytis, I always thought they are in archives  in Warsaw...
          >
          > Vilius Kočiubaitis
          >
          > [vilkovist]

        • mal simon
          Message 4 of 6 , May 9 11:36 AM
            Hello, When we were in Suwalki, we checked with the Archives there and were told that all records were sent to Moscow.  Peace  Mal Simon
            To Pawel, Do you have any relatives named Hans who lived in New Jersey.  He was a colleague of mine at NJ Institute of Technology in NJ.

            No, they aren't. Archive in Warsaw has only 2 documents about credits for owners of facilities in Vistytis (Wisztyniec) . So if register / metrical books are not in Polish archives, neither in Lithuanian ones, seems they are completely lost...
            From above documents you can learn names of habitants: Karol Miculewicz, owner of salt's warehouse and Jankiel Zan, Wizanska str 24 (year 1844).

            Message 5 of 6 , May 9 12:00 PM
              Hard to believe they were sent to Moscow, but need to investigate that subject :-)
              PS. No, I do not have any family in NJ :-)