Registers books from roman-catholic church

  • ppawel34
    Message 1 of 6 , May 8, 2010
      Does somebody know whether books from 1800's are stored in church in Vistytis? I was looking for them in archives in Vilnius (Lithuania) and Suwalki (Poland), but they do not have them.
    • vilius kociubaitis
      Message 2 of 6 , May 8, 2010
        Hello,
        they are not stored in Vistytis, I always thought they are in archives  in Warsaw...

        Vilius Kočiubaitis
        [vilkovist]

        Message 3 of 6 , May 9, 2010
          No, they aren't. Archive in Warsaw has only 2 documents about credits for owners of facilities in Vistytis (Wisztyniec). So if register / metrical books are not in Polish archives, neither in Lithuanian ones, seems they are completely lost...
          From above documents you can learn names of habitants: Karol Miculewicz, owner of salt's warehouse and Jankiel Zan, Wizanska str 24 (year 1844).

          Message 4 of 6 , May 9, 2010
            Hello,

            tese are contacts and links  I sugest You can ask and get some information

            Kun. Vaidas Klesevičius

            Pareigos: Kunigas

            Aptarnauja: Marijampolę, Virbalį, Vištytį

            Kontaktai: +370 611 18166, vaidaskl@...

            http://www.liuteronai.lt/Dvasininkai/Kun.-Vaidas-Klesevicius

            http://www.liuteronai.lt/Pradzia

            Vilius Kočiubaitis
            [vilkovist]

            No, they aren't. Archive in Warsaw has only 2 documents about credits for owners of facilities in Vistytis (Wisztyniec) . So if register / metrical books are not in Polish archives, neither in Lithuanian ones, seems they are completely lost...
            From above documents you can learn names of habitants: Karol Miculewicz, owner of salt's warehouse and Jankiel Zan, Wizanska str 24 (year 1844).

            --- In Vistytis@yahoogroup s.com, vilius kociubaitis <kociubaitis@ ...> wrote:

            > Hello,
            > they are not stored in Vistytis, I always thought they are in archives  in Warsaw...
            >
            > Vilius Kočiubaitis
            >
            > [vilkovist]

          • mal simon
            Message 5 of 6 , May 9, 2010
              Hello, When we were in Suwalki, we checked with the Archives there and were told that all records were sent to Moscow.  Peace  Mal Simon
              To Pawel, Do you have any relatives named Hans who lived in New Jersey.  He was a colleague of mine at NJ Institute of Technology in NJ.

              No, they aren't. Archive in Warsaw has only 2 documents about credits for owners of facilities in Vistytis (Wisztyniec) . So if register / metrical books are not in Polish archives, neither in Lithuanian ones, seems they are completely lost...
              From above documents you can learn names of habitants: Karol Miculewicz, owner of salt's warehouse and Jankiel Zan, Wizanska str 24 (year 1844).

              Message 6 of 6 , May 9, 2010
                Hard to believe they were sent to Moscow, but need to investigate that subject :-)
                PS. No, I do not have any family in NJ :-)