Searching for Jung & Berkuben families

  • lilsiss3
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 26, 2009
      Hi, I am searching for birth, death, marriage & spouse, immigration,
      children etc. information about my Jung & Berkuben families. My father
      George Jung born 1883 in Paristytis Lithuania, died 1964, Immigrated to
      USA 1901. His parents are Heinrich Jung and Karoline Berkuben. His
      siblings are, Adolf b 1899, Gustav b 1896 d 1977, Frederich b 1894 d
      1983, Maria, Eleana (Helena), Augusta and Adelena. Any help would be
      appreciated. Thank You, Helen
    • Sandie
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 26, 2009
        What state/area did they live in when in
        America?

        lilsiss3 wrote:
        > Hi, I am searching for birth, death, marriage & spouse, immigration,
        > children etc. information about my Jung & Berkuben families. My father
        > George Jung born 1883 in Paristytis Lithuania, died 1964, Immigrated to
        > USA 1901. His parents are Heinrich Jung and Karoline Berkuben. His
        > siblings are, Adolf b 1899, Gustav b 1896 d 1977, Frederich b 1894 d
        > 1983, Maria, Eleana (Helena), Augusta and Adelena. Any help would be
        > appreciated. Thank You, Helen

      • Greenvale
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 27, 2009

          Helen

          Pavistytis is located near the town of Vistytis and your family most likely attended the Lutheran church located in Vistytis.  The LDS library has those records on microfilm starting in 1844 and extending until 1941.  I have searched all of these films for my family which came from this area and recall seeing both Jung and Berkoben records.

          One of the godparents to one of my relatives was listed as “Frau Berkoben” in the First St. Paul’s Evangelical Lutheran Church in Pittsburgh, PA.  I know there are a number of Jung and Berko(u)ben records at this church.  Did you family immigrate to the Pittsburgh area?

          Bill

        • intrigues01@aol.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 27, 2009
            Im looking for  records on the Zlatarinskas family who had land  in Pa Visticho or Pa Vistytis. I have been there a few times, the Catholic church says the records were destroyed in WW 11, And our land is so overgrown you cannot see any foundations. There were German neighbors in that area according to my Grandmother. Also have pictures of the people from that area most taken around 1930. By my grandfathers sisters, Mary and ona Zlatarinskas.

            Mark

          • senior42742@comcast.net
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 27, 2009

              Hi,  Thank you for your reply.   Yes my father immigrated to pittsburgh area.  His uncle George Berkoben paid his passage to America.  He spoke of them often but we lost contact in later years.  He also spoke of his Aunt Helen Tetmeyer who was George Berkoben's sister.  I was named after her.  He mentioned Karl and many of his cousins.  I have information that two of his cousins from Germany also immigrated to America the same year of close to the same year as his brother Frederich, (1910).  They were Andrew and Karl Jung, sons of Daniel Jung.  I have no documentations at this time as everything we had was destroyed in a fire.

              Hope to hear more from  you.

              Helen

            • senior42742@comcast.net
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 27, 2009

                Hello,  My father's Berkoben family lived in Pittsburgh, PA.  I understand they were also in New Jersey, Texas, and we live in Colorado.

                Helen