RE: [Vistytis] Any family members of the Frehm's and Reitz and Schmidtke familys

    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 24, 2009
      They were from Vistytis.

      Natalie

      --- On Wed, 6/24/09, Greenvale <greenvale@...> wrote:

      From: Greenvale <greenvale@...>
      Subject: RE: [Vistytis] Any family members of the Frehm's and Reitz and Schmidtke familys
      To: Vistytis@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wednesday, June 24, 2009, 8:00 PM

      Natalie

      From where in Lithuania did your g-grandfather originate?

      Bill

      From: Vistytis@yahoogroup s.com [mailto:Vistytis@ yahoogroups. com] On Behalf Of Natalie Jones
      Sent: Wednesday, June 24, 2009 7:19 PM
      To: Vistytis@yahoogroup s.com

      Natalie

      --- On Wed, 6/24/09, ivanroxudy <ivanroxudy@yahoo. com> wrote:

      From: ivanroxudy <ivanroxudy@yahoo. com>
      To: Vistytis@yahoogroup s.com
      Date: Wednesday, June 24, 2009, 2:18 PM

      We have located family records that indicate these families lived in Tartarkiemie (Tortorkiemis) approx 7 miles north of Vistytis in the 1800's. Anyone out there related to these folks? Please e-mail me at: ivanroxudy@yahoo. com Thanks! Roxanne Udy

      How did you locate records from the 1800s? My great grandfather came to the US about 1850, and I have been unsuccessful in finding records of them when they lived in Lithuania. His name was Henry Krohn and he married Dora Cohen. His father was Abraham Krohn.

    • Greenvale
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 24, 2009

        Are they German Lutheran?  If so, you’re in luck.  The church records are available at the LDS.

        From: Greenvale <greenvale@...>
        To: Vistytis@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Wednesday, June 24, 2009, 8:00 PM

        Natalie

        From where in Lithuania did your g-grandfather originate?

        Bill

        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 25, 2009
          No, they are Lithuanian Jews.

          Natalie

          From: Greenvale <greenvale@...>
          To: Vistytis@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Wednesday, June 24, 2009, 8:08 PM

          Are they German Lutheran?  If so, you’re in luck.  The church records are available at the LDS.

          From: Greenvale <greenvale@starpower .net>
          To: Vistytis@yahoogroup s.com
          Date: Wednesday, June 24, 2009, 8:00 PM

          Natalie

          From where in Lithuania did your g-grandfather originate?

          Bill

          How did you locate records from the 1800s? My great grandfather came to the US about 1850, and I have been unsuccessful in finding records of them when they lived in Lithuania. His name was Henry Krohn and he married Dora Cohen. His father was Abraham Krohn.

          Natalie

          We have located family records that indicate these families lived in Tartarkiemie (Tortorkiemis) approx 7 miles north of Vistytis in the 1800's. Anyone out there related to these folks? Please e-mail me at: ivanroxudy@yahoo. com Thanks! Roxanne Udy

        • Ivan Udy
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 25, 2009
            The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (LDS) has the films.  You need to go to your nearest Family History Center (in the phone book) and they will help you.  Thanks!  Roxanne

            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 25, 2009
              A small town near Vistytis called Tartarkiemie.  It is now known as Tortorkiemis.  The records come from the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Vistytis.  Roxanne

              From: ivanroxudy <ivanroxudy@yahoo. com>
              To: Vistytis@yahoogroup s.com
              Date: Wednesday, June 24, 2009, 2:18 PM

              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 25, 2009
                Thank you so much!  We're on it!  Roxanne

                Are they German Lutheran?  If so, you’re in luck.  The church records are available at the LDS.

                From: Greenvale <greenvale@starpower .net>
                To: Vistytis@yahoogroup s.com
                Date: Wednesday, June 24, 2009, 8:00 PM

                Natalie