Any family members of the Frehm's and Reitz and Schmidtke familys

  • ivanroxudy
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 24, 2009
      We have located family records that indicate these families lived in Tartarkiemie (Tortorkiemis) approx 7 miles north of Vistytis in the 1800's. Anyone out there related to these folks? Please e-mail me at: ivanroxudy@... Thanks! Roxanne Udy
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 24, 2009
        How did you locate records from the 1800s? My great grandfather came to the US about 1850, and I have been unsuccessful in finding records of them when they lived in Lithuania. His name was Henry Krohn and he married Dora Cohen. His father was Abraham Krohn.

        Natalie

        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 24, 2009

          From where in Lithuania did your g-grandfather originate?

          Bill

          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 24, 2009
            They were from Vistytis.

            Natalie

            From: ivanroxudy <ivanroxudy@yahoo. com>
            To: Vistytis@yahoogroup s.com
            Date: Wednesday, June 24, 2009, 2:18 PM

            We have located family records that indicate these families lived in Tartarkiemie (Tortorkiemis) approx 7 miles north of Vistytis in the 1800's. Anyone out there related to these folks? Please e-mail me at: ivanroxudy@yahoo. com Thanks! Roxanne Udy

            How did you locate records from the 1800s? My great grandfather came to the US about 1850, and I have been unsuccessful in finding records of them when they lived in Lithuania. His name was Henry Krohn and he married Dora Cohen. His father was Abraham Krohn.

          • Greenvale
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 24, 2009

              Are they German Lutheran?  If so, you’re in luck.  The church records are available at the LDS.

              From: Greenvale <greenvale@...>
              To: Vistytis@yahoogroups.com
              Date: Wednesday, June 24, 2009, 8:00 PM

              Natalie

              From where in Lithuania did your g-grandfather originate?

              Bill

              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 25, 2009
                No, they are Lithuanian Jews.

                Natalie

                From: Greenvale <greenvale@...>
                To: Vistytis@yahoogroups.com
                Date: Wednesday, June 24, 2009, 8:08 PM

                Are they German Lutheran?  If so, you’re in luck.  The church records are available at the LDS.

                From: Greenvale <greenvale@starpower .net>
                To: Vistytis@yahoogroup s.com
                Date: Wednesday, June 24, 2009, 8:00 PM

                Natalie

                From where in Lithuania did your g-grandfather originate?

                Bill

                How did you locate records from the 1800s? My great grandfather came to the US about 1850, and I have been unsuccessful in finding records of them when they lived in Lithuania. His name was Henry Krohn and he married Dora Cohen. His father was Abraham Krohn.

                Natalie

                We have located family records that indicate these families lived in Tartarkiemie (Tortorkiemis) approx 7 miles north of Vistytis in the 1800's. Anyone out there related to these folks? Please e-mail me at: ivanroxudy@yahoo. com Thanks! Roxanne Udy

              • Ivan Udy
                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 25, 2009
                  The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (LDS) has the films.  You need to go to your nearest Family History Center (in the phone book) and they will help you.  Thanks!  Roxanne

                  Message 8 of 9 , Jun 25, 2009
                    A small town near Vistytis called Tartarkiemie.  It is now known as Tortorkiemis.  The records come from the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Vistytis.  Roxanne

                    From: ivanroxudy <ivanroxudy@yahoo. com>
                    To: Vistytis@yahoogroup s.com
                    Date: Wednesday, June 24, 2009, 2:18 PM

                    Message 9 of 9 , Jun 25, 2009
                      Thank you so much!  We're on it!  Roxanne

                      Are they German Lutheran?  If so, you’re in luck.  The church records are available at the LDS.

                      From: Greenvale <greenvale@starpower .net>
                      To: Vistytis@yahoogroup s.com
                      Date: Wednesday, June 24, 2009, 8:00 PM

                      Natalie