Re: SEARCHING MY FAMILY

  • E. J. Buteau
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 3, 2008
      Wow, David, great job! What a way to come thru for someone.
      John
      ========
      --- In Vistytis@yahoogroups.com, "David L. Langenberg" <gallienus@...>
      wrote:>
      > Dear Daniel,> > Two of these names are known to me--the Wartelskis
      and the Sandelowskis were Jewish families, some of whom settled in the
    • Greenvale
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 3, 2008

        I can’t swear to it, but I seem to recall coming across the surname Krohn when I was searching through the German Lutheran Church records of Vistytis.  Have you searched these records?

        Bill

        From: DANIEL EDEL <edelless@...>
        Subject: [Vistytis] SEARCHING MY FAMILY
        To: Vistytis@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Sunday, November 2, 2008, 9:31 AM

        Dear Ladies and Gentlemen:

        My family comes from Vistytis, surnames Wartelski , Belka and Sandelowski, my family moved to Konigsberg, I am interesting to know all about my family, Can somebody help me to know how I can search born certificates in Vistytis?. Or somebody has any informtion about my family?

        I will be thankful for all informations you can provide me.

        Grateful

        Daniel Edel

        edelless@yahoo. com

        Premios MTV 2008
        ¡En exclusiva! Fotos, nominados, videos, y mucho más!br>Mira aquí http://mtvla. yahoo.com/

        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 4, 2008
          Hi Bill,

          No, I haven't but I don't think any of the family was Lutheran. You never know, though. Where do I find those?

          Most of the people I have found named Krohn in the US were not Jewish, however, other than those in the Utica, NY, area, where my grandfather's family settled.

          That would indeed be interesting! You see, I was adopted as an infant and am actually related to a locally famous Lutheran minister by way of my birth family.

          Natalie

          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 4, 2008
            -Hi Natalie, My e-mail bounced. Please confirm that you got my
            messages. I have Krohns' and Marwells' in my family but my posted
            files bounced.

            Bert

            -- In Vistytis@yahoogroups.com, Natalie Jones <natalie14468@...>
            wrote:
            >Nat
            > Hi Bill,
            >
            > No, I haven't but I don't think any of the family was Lutheran. You
            never know, though. Where do I find those?

            > Most of the people I have found named Krohn in the US were not
            Jewish, however, other than those in the Utica, NY, area, where my
            grandfather's family settled.

            > That would indeed be interesting! You see, I was adopted as an
            infant and am actually related to a locally famous Lutheran minister
            by way of my birth family.

            > Natalie

            On Behalf Of Natalie Jones

            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 5, 2008
              Hi Bert, No I didn't get the email.

              Natalie

              wrote:
              >Nat
              > Hi Bill,
              >
              > No, I haven't but I don't think any of the family was Lutheran. You
              never know, though. Where do I find those?

              > Most of the people I have found named Krohn in the US were not
              Jewish, however, other than those in the Utica, NY, area, where my
              grandfather' s family settled.

              > That would indeed be interesting! You see, I was adopted as an
              infant and am actually related to a locally famous Lutheran minister
              by way of my birth family.

              > Natalie

            • edelless
              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 19, 2012
                Dear David Lnagenberg:
                Shalom and Shana Tova: today I met your information again,can you tell me please if you have more informations about my family? I think my greatgrandmother was Dorothea ( Myriam?) Sandelowski but I do not know the name of her parents. My Greatgrandfather was Abraham Jankel Wartelski.They left Vistytis and lives in a small Village near Konigbserg first, later they move to Konigsberg. My whole family lived there, my grandmother was botn there and tolds me a lot od stories about her big extended family there. Could be you have alot of informations, I beg you please to write to me to my anoter e mail address: edeldaniel@....
                Thank you very much for all informations that you or anybody can have of my relatives, thank you veryt much.
                Daniel Edel Bogota Colombia.