Vartele -- Varteliai

  • Amy Elizabeth Burock
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 2, 2008
      My great grandma came from this village -- Her name was Anna Vizga. Her father was Matthew Vizga. She sailed to Baltimore in 1912 and settled in Saint Clair, Pennsylvania.

      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 3, 2008
        Has anyone come across the names Krohn or Marwillsky from Vistytis? I haven't been able to locate either of them!

        Natalie

        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 3, 2008
          Wow, David, great job! What a way to come thru for someone.
          John
          ========
          --- In Vistytis@yahoogroups.com, "David L. Langenberg" <gallienus@...>
          wrote:>
          > Dear Daniel,> > Two of these names are known to me--the Wartelskis
          and the Sandelowskis were Jewish families, some of whom settled in the
        • Greenvale
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 3, 2008

            I can’t swear to it, but I seem to recall coming across the surname Krohn when I was searching through the German Lutheran Church records of Vistytis.  Have you searched these records?

            Bill

            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 4, 2008
              Hi Bill,

              No, I haven't but I don't think any of the family was Lutheran. You never know, though. Where do I find those?

              Most of the people I have found named Krohn in the US were not Jewish, however, other than those in the Utica, NY, area, where my grandfather's family settled.

              That would indeed be interesting! You see, I was adopted as an infant and am actually related to a locally famous Lutheran minister by way of my birth family.

              Natalie

              I can’t swear to it, but I seem to recall coming across the surname Krohn when I was searching through the German Lutheran Church records of Vistytis.  Have you searched these records?

              Bill

              Has anyone come across the names Krohn or Marwillsky from Vistytis? I haven't been able to locate either of them!

              My family comes from Vistytis, surnames Wartelski , Belka and Sandelowski, my family moved to Konigsberg, I am interesting to know all about my family, Can somebody help me to know how I can search born certificates in Vistytis?. Or somebody has any informtion about my family?

              I will be thankful for all informations you can provide me.

              Grateful

              Daniel Edel

              edelless@yahoo. com

              Dear Ladies and Gentlemen:

              Premios MTV 2008
              ¡En exclusiva! Fotos, nominados, videos, y mucho más!br>Mira aquí http://mtvla. yahoo.com/

            • tomatopaper751
              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 4, 2008
                -Hi Natalie, My e-mail bounced. Please confirm that you got my
                messages. I have Krohns' and Marwells' in my family but my posted
                files bounced.

                Bert

                -- In Vistytis@yahoogroups.com, Natalie Jones <natalie14468@...>
                wrote:
                >Nat
                > Hi Bill,
                >
                > No, I haven't but I don't think any of the family was Lutheran. You
                never know, though. Where do I find those?

                > Most of the people I have found named Krohn in the US were not
                Jewish, however, other than those in the Utica, NY, area, where my
                grandfather's family settled.

                > That would indeed be interesting! You see, I was adopted as an
                infant and am actually related to a locally famous Lutheran minister
                by way of my birth family.

                > Natalie

                On Behalf Of Natalie Jones

                Message 7 of 11 , Nov 5, 2008
                  Hi Bert, No I didn't get the email.

                  Natalie

                  wrote:
                  >Nat
                  > Hi Bill,
                  >
                  > No, I haven't but I don't think any of the family was Lutheran. You
                  never know, though. Where do I find those?

                  > Most of the people I have found named Krohn in the US were not
                  Jewish, however, other than those in the Utica, NY, area, where my
                  grandfather' s family settled.

                  > That would indeed be interesting! You see, I was adopted as an
                  infant and am actually related to a locally famous Lutheran minister
                  by way of my birth family.

                  > Natalie

                • edelless
                  Message 8 of 11 , Sep 19, 2012
                    Dear David Lnagenberg:
                    Shalom and Shana Tova: today I met your information again,can you tell me please if you have more informations about my family? I think my greatgrandmother was Dorothea ( Myriam?) Sandelowski but I do not know the name of her parents. My Greatgrandfather was Abraham Jankel Wartelski.They left Vistytis and lives in a small Village near Konigbserg first, later they move to Konigsberg. My whole family lived there, my grandmother was botn there and tolds me a lot od stories about her big extended family there. Could be you have alot of informations, I beg you please to write to me to my anoter e mail address: edeldaniel@....
                    Thank you very much for all informations that you or anybody can have of my relatives, thank you veryt much.
                    Daniel Edel Bogota Colombia.