Re: [Vistytis] Re: hi all -- new to the group

  • intrigues02@aol.com
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 26, 2008
      In a message dated 9/26/2008 2:14:27 A.M. Central Daylight Time, marana@... writes:
      http://www.geocities.com/cjzemaitis@.../zemaitis2.htm
      thank you for the site.    john betuea is my cousin we get together a few times a year.

      thanks again   mark golden

    • aburock
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 5, 2010
        Hi Bill -- so I have been thinking about the German surname issue -- I found a ship manifest of a man named Brazgel who I think is one of my relatives -- my mom's dad's mom was going to stay with her aunt "Brazgil" according to her ship manifest -- I am starting to wonder if it wasn't a German surname -- she was from Vartele/Varteliai -- we actually went there last summer, swam in the lake, saw the itsy bitsy village, etc. . . -- I am wondering if she was a Lithuanian Prussian or something of the like -- due to the name and the location of her village. In googling the name "Brazgel" I have found some indication that it's a German name. I'd love to hear any thoughts of anyone in the group. Thanks! Amy

        --- In Vistytis@yahoogroups.com, Amy Elizabeth Burock <aburock@...> wrote:

        > Hi there -- all of my Lithuanian relatives who came to the US from Lithuania were VERY Catholic! My great grandfather went to church every day. Vizga was my great grandmother's maiden name. Her mother's maiden name was something like Brazgil or Braskel as far as I can figure out. Thans for your note!

      • DANIEL EDEL
        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 6, 2010
          Dear members of the Vistytis Group,I contiue to lloking for my relatives  that lived in Vistytis surnames WARTESLKI AND BELKA.
          They move to  Konigsberg,Esat Prussia,Germany.
          Thank you very much
          Daniel Edel

          ¡Obtén la mejor experiencia en la web!
          Descarga gratis el nuevo Internet Explorer 8
          http://downloads.yahoo.com/ieak8/?l=e1