? Ushkary, Ushnary, Vshkary, Brjansk. Name Fedoisczenko / Fedoreshenko

  • mhvrealtor
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 9, 2008
      If I am on the wrong group please let me know and I will remove
      myself from the group.

      My grandparents came to the USA, 1912 on the SS Czar, they stated
      they resided in Brjansk, Russia. They stated they were born in
      Ushkary, Ushnary, or Vshkary. I can not make out the name on the
      manifest. Does anyone here have any ideas about these names?

      I understand that Brjansk was a city and also like a district. I am
      trying to locate the family if any is left. The surname on the
      manifest is spelled Fedoisczenko, later it was changed and spelled
      Fedoreshenko. I understand this is a "Russian" name.

      Any help is greatly appreciated.

      Thanks

      Nancy.