Re: [Vistytis] locating family/history in Lithuania

  • ralph
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 6, 2008
      Dear Mr. Goldfarb,

      If you are interested in Vilkaviskis please drop me a line - I may have some information

      Regards

      Ralph Salinger

      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 7, 2008

        Mal

        Was you wife’s family native Lithuanian, German, or Jewish?  Also, what is the surname you wish to research?

        Hello,  My wife's maternal grandparents came from a small village near Vilnius.  We think it may have been Wysztinec (Poland in those days) and now Vistytis in Lithuania.  We are going to Poland and Lithuania in May to try to locate some history of the family and possibly any family members.  Does anyone have advice as to how we can get some information before we go?  Thanks.   Mal Simon

      • berel goldfarb
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 7, 2008
          Sorry it not my wife but my mother. Her maiden name was Olinski and they changed it to
          Ellis Her mothers  maiden anme was Levinson. They were Jewish
          Thanks
          Burt

          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 7, 2008

            mal simon <coach7157@...> wrote:
            Hello,  My wife's maternal grandparents came from a small village near Vilnius.  We think it may have been Wysztinec (Poland in those days) and now Vistytis in Lithuania.  We are going to Poland and Lithuania in May to try to locate some history of the family and possibly any family members.  Does anyone have advice as to how we can get some information before we go?  Thanks.   Mal Simon

          • Larry and Ava Rich
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 7, 2008
              Good luck on your trip.  My cousin went their, and his web page on the trip is http://howard.sandys.ca/01.html

              I hope this helps you.  My great grandparents were born there.  They came to Canada around 1885.

              Ava Rich
              Pensacola