Looking for Krohn family

  • Natalie
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 13, 2007
      My great great grandfather was Abraham Krohn and the family lived in
      Vistytis. I am trying to find some records on them. Since my
      grandfather was also Abraham Krohn and born in 1860 in the US, I can
      assume that his grandfather Abraham died before that. His father,
      Henry, came to the US in 1854 at the age of 20, so the elder Abraham
      must have been born approximately 1800 or so. The Jewish GedCom has no
      information that I can find on their family. Where would I look? Henry
      was married to Dora Cohen Krohn whose parents were Sara and Myrus
      Cohen, also from Vistytis.

      Thanks for any help you can give me.

      Natalie
    • Robert K
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 3, 2007
        Natalie,

        If you do a search for the surname Krohn in the JewishGen Lithuania Database
        at http://www.jewishgen.org/databases/Lithuania/ it returns the contact
        details of four other people researching the name Krohn in Vistytis. Maybe
        you don't know of these other researchers already?

        Regards,
        Robert

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 3, 2007
          Hi Robert,
          I have contacted all of them. Some of their email addresses are outdated, and one of the people, Jeffrey Johnstone, has my grandfather's information wrong in the family tree and won't change the Ged Com.

          I did find someone in the Chicago area who has visited the town and is a distant cousin of some sort.

          Thanks for your help!
          Natalie