RE: [Vistytis] looking for more family history

  • Greenvale
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 29, 2007

      Hi Lilly

      I traveled to Vistytis in the 1990’s and it is a wonderful town.  You should have no trouble locating an English speaking interpreter.  Most schools now teach English and I’m certain lots of people would like to practice with tourists.

      If your ancestors were German you will be able to find the church records for Vistytis in your local LDS Family History Center .  I have located all of my relatives in these records, but the records only go back as far as 1830 or so.

      Bill