Re: [Vistytis] your email of 12/20/2005

  • Sherry Landa
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 20, 2005
      Hi Bev,

      I very rarely respond to postings on this list, but I think we need a little
      understanding here. Many people on this list do not have English as their
      first language and I think we need to realise that to write in a foreign
      language takes great courage. Many people who do have English as a first
      language do not follow the conventions I was taught regarding spelling and
      grammar. I am sure Elias meant no disrespect by not capitalising Jews,
      Lithuania, English, Christmas or his own name.

      Best wishes to all, whether you are celebrating Chanukah, Christmas,
      something else or nothing at all!

      Sherry Landa (in Salford UK)

      The word Jew is spelled with a capital J as the word Christian, Norwegian,
      your name, etc is spelled with a capital first letter.

      Bev Carlson