your email of 12/20/2005

  • wkrelease@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 20, 2005
      The word Jew is spelled with a capital J as the word Christian, Norwegian, your name, etc is spelled with a capital first letter.

      Bev Carlson

      Researching : Swjetsz/Swatez/Shvets/Swatecz/Shveits/Swatetz - Plitman/Pletman/Feldman-Arbus (Russia, Poland, Ukraine, Lithuania) Hershey/Hersche - Buchholz - Dunn (Germany, Switzerland) Liebo /L a b o v i t c h (Romania, Russia) Krank/Warton/Krankenward - Barrish- Sitnick (Poland, Russia) Endreson- Alvik /Alvig-Steine-Rosseland/Roseland-Rykken (Norway)

      http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=SRCH&db-krank&surname+H

      http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/c/a/r/Beverly-Krank-Carlson- MN/index.html#edit

    • Sherry Landa
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 20, 2005
        Hi Bev,

        I very rarely respond to postings on this list, but I think we need a little
        understanding here. Many people on this list do not have English as their
        first language and I think we need to realise that to write in a foreign
        language takes great courage. Many people who do have English as a first
        language do not follow the conventions I was taught regarding spelling and
        grammar. I am sure Elias meant no disrespect by not capitalising Jews,
        Lithuania, English, Christmas or his own name.

        Best wishes to all, whether you are celebrating Chanukah, Christmas,
        something else or nothing at all!

        Sherry Landa (in Salford UK)