Descendant of Ickus Klampuckis/Coming to Vistytis this summer

  • nkm012870
    Message 1 of 2 , May 30, 2005
      Hello.

      My grandfather, Irving Kleinman, immigrated to Canada from Vistytis,
      which he called Vishtinetz, in 1927 with his family. His name then was
      Ickus Klampuckis, and he was the son of Mejerio Klampuckis, a pig
      bristle merchant who lived on a farm just outside the town. Mejerio,
      or Meyer, also ran a telegraph service and was known as Meyer
      Telegraph. He married a girl called Freida Boyarsky from a nearby town.

      My wife and I will be in Vistytis in early July. I'm sure it's too
      long ago for anyone to remember Ickus, but it would be nice to talk
      with someone about the town today when we are there. I'm sure there
      are English speakers in Vistytis these days, and my wife also knows
      some Russian. Any suggestions?
    • vilius kociubaitis
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 3, 2005
        hello.

        You could try to speak with someone at Vistytis regional park when
        arrive in Vistytis (director Nerijus Paskauskas)...>>>
        http://survigloters.supermedia.pl/Litwaparki/parkai/a_21_0.htm
        Regretfully there are not to many english speakers in Vistytis.
        I hope You can get some information on:
        Tel./Fax. (8 ~ 342) 20525. e-mail info@...
        Best regards