Re: [Vistytis] Re: Detomischkowski

  • Vytas Mickevicius
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 30, 2004
      --- romitch30 <romitch30@...> wrote:

      > I have been able to find a reference to the Dotamas
      > stream but not to
      > the village or the lake.
      > JewishGen ShtetlSeeker, or online maps. Is it
      > possible that the
      > village had a name in addition to Dotamai or that it
      > had a different
      > spelling?

      The village is small, and most of online maps are
      really poor, so, take a look here: www.maps.lt

      About different spellings.
      I had found spelling "Detomiszki" in topographic map
      of 1916. It isn't a village-settlement, it has houses
      in the fields spreaded over larger area.
      There are two labels "Dotamai" on the detailed russian
      millitary map of 1984 (it is "secret" :)) at that area
      - to allocate other houses that are at greater
      distance from a first label.
      Village of Dotamai still can be found in a Lithuanian
      1:50000 map published in 2001.

      Best regards,
      Vytas

      > Any exact reference to the existence of the small
      > village of Dotamai
      > would be appreciated.

      Look at www.maps.lt, and navigate as ussualy.

      Good luck,