Finally!!

  • ligman_pierce
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 18, 2004
      Hi everyone, I am so glad to have found this group!

      My grandparents (who died before I was born) came to the USA in 1909
      and 1912. I have found grandma and the 3 oldest children coming
      through Ellis Island. My father was the first born in the USA. My dad
      told me that grandpa was German and grandma was Polish. I was
      surprised when the passenger list had her as Russia/Polish and place
      of Reesidence as Wisetyniec,Russia. I just hadn't stopped and thought
      of the borders back then. My aunt who was born in the old country
      needed a copy of her birth records back in 1960 and found out that
      there had been a fire which had destoryed them. So this may be as
      close as I get but I'm happy to have found where grandma was before
      coming to the USA.

      Klara