175Bokzseyzsach

  • spamnchips
    Sep 1 8:31 AM
      Hi,
      I have a copy of a birth/baptism certificate for my great grandfather
      who was born in Bokzseyzsach in 1872 and baptised in Wizajnach. The
      copy of the certificate was obtained in 1935 from the Polish Consulate
      as Wizajnach was in Polish Territory. I believe Wizajnach is Wizajny
      and the certificate also mentions Vistytis. Does anyone recognise
      Bokzseyzsach and does it have any alternate spelling. I can find
      Bokszyski on a 1935 Polish map and wonder if this is the same place.
      Because of the "rolling" history of this region place names must have
      undergone many transitions. certainly the "sach" and "nach" endings
      sound very Germanic. Any comments would be most useful.

      Regards

      John
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic