      From: romitch30 <romitch30@...>
      To: Vistytis@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, January 31, 2007 10:05:04 AM
      Subject: [Vistytis] Re: How far is Virbalis from Vistytis

      Scroll down at http://www.jewishge n.org/yizkor/ lita/lit1614. html where
      the author states "It was difficult and troublesome to reach
      Vishtinetz from the Russian side, although it was only 21 verst away
      from Verzhbalove. Twenty-one verst are about 15 American miles. To
      travel this distance, however, often took the better part of the day
      and sometimes part of the night as well. The road was partly sandy,
      strewn with rocks and, in many places, so muddy that sometimes
      Vishtinetz was cut off from the rest of the worldâ€"no coming, no
      goingâ€"unless you took a long detour through Germany in order to reach
      the station at Verzhbalove. "

      Scroll down even more to Virbalis (Verzhbalove) . This distance is
      about right, according to other sources that I have seen.

      --- In Vistytis@yahoogroup s.com, "jess_history" <jess_history@ ...> wrote:

      > Hello everyone,
      >
      > My name is Jessica Oswalt, and I am new member. I was just wondering,
      > how far is Virbalis from Vistytis? Has anyone come across the surname
      > Frommert in their research?
      >
      > Thanks in advance,
      >
      > Jessica

      Never miss an email again!