141Re: Descendant of Ickus Klampuckis/Coming to Vistytis this summer

  • vilius kociubaitis
    Jun 3, 2005

      You could try to speak with someone at Vistytis regional park when
      arrive in Vistytis (director Nerijus Paskauskas)...>>>
      Regretfully there are not to many english speakers in Vistytis.
      I hope You can get some information on:
      Tel./Fax. (8 ~ 342) 20525. e-mail info@...
      Best regards

      --- In Vistytis@yahoogroups.com, "nkm012870" <nkm012870@y...> wrote:
      > Hello.
      > My grandfather, Irving Kleinman, immigrated to Canada from Vistytis,
      > which he called Vishtinetz, in 1927 with his family. His name then
      > Ickus Klampuckis, and he was the son of Mejerio Klampuckis, a pig
      > bristle merchant who lived on a farm just outside the town.
      > or Meyer, also ran a telegraph service and was known as Meyer
      > Telegraph. He married a girl called Freida Boyarsky from a nearby
      > My wife and I will be in Vistytis in early July. I'm sure it's too
      > long ago for anyone to remember Ickus, but it would be nice to talk
      > with someone about the town today when we are there. I'm sure there
      > are English speakers in Vistytis these days, and my wife also knows
      > some Russian. Any suggestions?
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic