Re: 47 chief exhaust

  • Carolyn andP
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 26, 2013
      I Have fitted to our 47 an early Stark system nad in my case it didnt have the bracket that fixed to the crash bar area so had to make a wrap around style one ,
      On our Greers system on the 48 it fits perfect (also a Nelson copy) came with that welded on rear most bracket and That is bolted direct to the rear bumper bolt as yo mention but Inside the fender
      regards phil

      --- In VirtualIndian@yahoogroups.com, "Thomas burke" <tfburke3@...> wrote:

      > I am finishing an upper end service on my 47 and am putting on a Starklite exhaust system I bought in 08.The muffer is a Nelson copy ,supposed to be as original.It looks nice, good chrome,nice offset for kicker clearance,nice weld to miminic the rolled edge construction.
      > The header cylinder ends seem to fit a little loose,and the header to muffler connection,which uses no clamp is very loose,and I will probably go to muffler shop to expand ends.No big deal.
      >
      > My question is the muffler has a slotted bracket in rear that lines up with front bumper bolt,not sure if this utilizes the 47 rubber mount,which I never had,and another tab that looks to go to fender bolt in front of lower crash bar mount.This tab will sit about an inch or so off the frame and a spacer,I guess ,is utilized with a longer bolt or something special.
      > any details on this Nelson muffler mounting appreciated.
      > Thanks Tom

    • Thomas burke
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 27, 2013
        Thanks Phil,I looked at Greers site and see they show a hex coupler and 2 bolts.
        Thanks
        Tom
        --- In VirtualIndian@yahoogroups.com, "Carolyn andP" <jenset2@...> wrote:

        > I Have fitted to our 47 an early Stark system nad in my case it didnt have the bracket that fixed to the crash bar area so had to make a wrap around style one ,
        > On our Greers system on the 48 it fits perfect (also a Nelson copy) came with that welded on rear most bracket and That is bolted direct to the rear bumper bolt as yo mention but Inside the fender
        > regards phil
        >
        > --- In VirtualIndian@yahoogroups.com, "Thomas burke" <tfburke3@> wrote:
        > >
        > > I am finishing an upper end service on my 47 and am putting on a Starklite exhaust system I bought in 08.The muffer is a Nelson copy ,supposed to be as original.It looks nice, good chrome,nice offset for kicker clearance,nice weld to miminic the rolled edge construction.
        > > The header cylinder ends seem to fit a little loose,and the header to muffler connection,which uses no clamp is very loose,and I will probably go to muffler shop to expand ends.No big deal.
        > >
        > > My question is the muffler has a slotted bracket in rear that lines up with front bumper bolt,not sure if this utilizes the 47 rubber mount,which I never had,and another tab that looks to go to fender bolt in front of lower crash bar mount.This tab will sit about an inch or so off the frame and a spacer,I guess ,is utilized with a longer bolt or something special.
        > > any details on this Nelson muffler mounting appreciated.
        > > Thanks Tom

      • Bobby Preven
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 27, 2013
           hello
          can anyone help me get in touch with roger hensley ?

          thanks
          bob  preven
          indianbob60@...
          On Jul 27, 2013, at 7:40 AM, Thomas burke wrote:

          Thanks Phil,I looked at Greers site and see they show a hex coupler and 2 bolts.
          Thanks
          Tom
          --- In VirtualIndian@yahoogroups.com, "Carolyn andP" <jenset2@...> wrote:

          > I Have fitted to our 47 an early Stark system nad in my case it didnt have the bracket that fixed to the crash bar area so had to make a wrap around style one ,
          > On our Greers system on the 48 it fits perfect (also a Nelson copy) came with that welded on rear most bracket and That is bolted direct to the rear bumper bolt as yo mention but Inside the fender
          > regards phil
          >
          > --- In VirtualIndian@yahoogroups.com, "Thomas burke" <tfburke3@> wrote:
          > >
          > > I am finishing an upper end service on my 47 and am putting on a Starklite exhaust system I bought in 08.The muffer is a Nelson copy ,supposed to be as original.It looks nice, good chrome,nice offset for kicker clearance,nice weld to miminic the rolled edge construction.
          > > The header cylinder ends seem to fit a little loose,and the header to muffler connection,which uses no clamp is very loose,and I will probably go to muffler shop to expand ends.No big deal.
          > >
          > > My question is the muffler has a slotted bracket in rear that lines up with front bumper bolt,not sure if this utilizes the 47 rubber mount,which I never had,and another tab that looks to go to fender bolt in front of lower crash bar mount.This tab will sit about an inch or so off the frame and a spacer,I guess ,is utilized with a longer bolt or something special.
          > > any details on this Nelson muffler mounting appreciated.
          > > Thanks Tom

        • John Welch
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 27, 2013
            This is a couple of years old but may still be good <rfh-cpa@...>

            On 07/27/13, Bobby Preven<indianbob60@...> wrote:

             hello
            can anyone help me get in touch with roger hensley ?

            thanks
            bob  preven
            indianbob60@...
            On Jul 27, 2013, at 7:40 AM, Thomas burke wrote:

            Thanks Phil,I looked at Greers site and see they show a hex coupler and 2 bolts.
            Thanks
            Tom
            --- In VirtualIndian@yahoogroups.com, "Carolyn andP" <jenset2@...> wrote:

            > I Have fitted to our 47 an early Stark system nad in my case it didnt have the bracket that fixed to the crash bar area so had to make a wrap around style one ,
            > On our Greers system on the 48 it fits perfect (also a Nelson copy) came with that welded on rear most bracket and That is bolted direct to the rear bumper bolt as yo mention but Inside the fender
            > regards phil
            >
            > --- In VirtualIndian@yahoogroups.com, "Thomas burke" <tfburke3@> wrote:
            > >
            > > I am finishing an upper end service on my 47 and am putting on a Starklite exhaust system I bought in 08.The muffer is a Nelson copy ,supposed to be as original.It looks nice, good chrome,nice offset for kicker clearance,nice weld to miminic the rolled edge construction.
            > > The header cylinder ends seem to fit a little loose,and the header to muffler connection,which uses no clamp is very loose,and I will probably go to muffler shop to expand ends.No big deal.
            > >
            > > My question is the muffler has a slotted bracket in rear that lines up with front bumper bolt,not sure if this utilizes the 47 rubber mount,which I never had,and another tab that looks to go to fender bolt in front of lower crash bar mount.This tab will sit about an inch or so off the frame and a spacer,I guess ,is utilized with a longer bolt or something special.
            > > any details on this Nelson muffler mounting appreciated.
            > > Thanks Tom

          • Bobby Preven
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 27, 2013
              hello john