131074Don't trust your cylinders to a hack !

  • scootertramp46
    Apr 25, 2014

      I just spent several hours resleeving cylinders that had been resleeved once already. That is not a difficult job, but repairing the damage done by an incompetent hack was frustrating. I posted some photos to illustrate.

      The original sleeving job was good--centered and perpendicular to the base flange. Some hack then bored it at angle, so the bottom was .027 off-center to one side, and the top was .027 off-center to the other side !

       Oversized sleeves allow aligning and truing the bore again, but I had to warn listers wanting cylinders bored----just because they have a boring machine doesn't mean they know how to use it. If they can't show you how to use an indicator--take your cylinders elsewhere.

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic