130210Re: [Virtual Indian] Passing of John Welch

  • fred johansen
    Dec 2, 2013
      Oh no.  John seemed to always answer all questions diligently, and with factory back up.  I had no idea that he was ill.  We lost a great guy.  Thanks for the news Richard.
      Bummed, RF.

      On Mon, Dec 2, 2013 at 5:42 AM, Richard Gaudio <dixchief@...> wrote:

      It is with great sadness that I must report the passing of John Welch. John fought a long battle over the past year, receiving chemo and radiation but was overtaken by pneumonia yesterday at the hospital.

      John was with the VI from its inception.John provided hundreds of responses to questions, always referencing his vast wealth of knowledge and paper resources.
      He was always quick to provide help/info to anyone needing it.

      On a personal note: I always found John's info accurate and complete. I would copy/paste everything. I was so impressed with his depth of knowledge, I wrote to him saying " I have to meet you". We set up a meeting at Oley and met with our wives. I'll never forget seeing him the first time with that great smile and wearing a RR hat. We have been best of friends ever since.

      All of us that knew John will miss him greatly.

      Dick

      DixIndian
      Richard Gaudio
      Sanford, FL 32773