Robert ask me to review what I've been watching.

  • JR Tyner
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 22, 2013
      Robert ask me to review what I've been watching. I just finished
      "Space Pirate Mito", an anime series from 1999. Unfortunately, as hard
      as it made me laugh, there are only two seasons with 13 episodes each.
      The second season is called "Aoi and Mutsuki: A Pair of Queens"; and
      while it tied up most of the loose ends, it still left enough to leave
      me wanting a third season. Aoi is a Japanese boy, his father has
      passed away and his mother is always traveling internationally as a
      famous model. One day he finds out that his mother is neither a model
      nor human, she is the famous Space Pirate Mito. At this point humans
      do not know about the existence of aliens, so it comes as quite a
      surprise that not only do aliens exist, but his mother is one. Also
      his grandmother is dead, but that's OK. Her spirit is living in this
      tiny floating UFO with huge eyes. Speaking of new bodies, what he
      thought was his mother's body isn't. It's actually a combat suit
      modeled after the first Queen of the universe. His mother is actually
      inside it, she is really over 10,000 years old, but looks like she's
      in third grade. Now I'm not going to get into why she has a Royal
      Battle Suit or the 2nd most powerful ship in the entire universe. This
      is because the guy with the most powerful ship in the universe is hot
      on her tail to destroy her. His name is Leader of The Galactic Patrol,
      Brandon, doesn't that inspire fear? Clearly a "Big Bad" that's a
      victim of "Fail O'Suckyname" . Probably why he prefers the name
      "Ranban", which is only mildly better. Anyway, it gets worse for him,
      besides having a long cape and a fish bowl on his head, when it's
      removed he's revealed to be a woman. Psych, he's wearing the same
      Powered Armor as Mito. He's really over 10,000 years old, but looks
      like he's in third grade, and he's not a he nor a she but a
      hermaphrodite. As for the other aliens, they are the craziest aliens
      I've ever seen, and the two most normal ones are Mito's 2nd and 3rd in
      command; SukesaburĊ and Kakunoshin . One is a cyborg that looks like
      the maid from the Tom and Jerry cartoons. Before anyone says anything
      about racism, remember that she's 2nd in command of the 2nd most
      powerful ship in the universe, can shoot rockets out of her arm, and
      takes a hit from the most powerful ship in the universe just to rejoin
      the fight at the end of the episode. The other one I mentioned is an
      android that can shapeshift at will and likes to run around as a cat.
      I say cyborg and android, but this is just a guess, and it could be
      debated what they really are... anyway, that's the first 60 seconds of
      "Space Pirate Mito", and it only gets crazier and funnier from there!

      For more info try: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Anime/SpacePirateMito

      Next on my list -
      1. Marvel Anime: Iron Man (2 seasons, Tony Stark goes to Japan to
      produce a new arc reactor power station and showcase the Iron Man Dio,
      a new prototype armor, that will replace him when he retires.)
      2. Marvel Anime: Iron Man: Rise of Technovore (Anime Movie, War
      Machine is dead and Tony Stark is looking for payback. Pursued by
      S.H.I.E.L.D. agents Black Widow and Hawkeye for questioning, Iron Man
      enlists the help of the ruthless vigilante The Punisher to track War
      Machine's murderer. )
      3. Baldr Force EXE (1 season, Souma Toru is the young hacker hero of
      this anime feature inspired by a video game and staged within the vast
      virtual universe of the Wire. After a hacking adventure ends badly,
      Toru goes to work for FLAK, an agency that protects the Wired