Re: [VirginiaCosplayersClub] Oz:the Great and Powerful movie,and past Oz movies

  • animemaster486
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 5, 2013
      Does anybody want to see Oz this Saturday at Regal Cinemas in Short Pump?

      In a message dated 2/26/2013 7:23:26 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, Wingzero586@... writes:

      Hi everybody,this is Timothy McKann,and I want to tell you all that the new movie Oz:the Great and Powerful which is coming to theaters next Friday,and my club and I are planning to go see it on the 9th. Here is the info:

      When Oscar Diggs (James Franco), a small-time circus magician with dubious ethics, is hurled away from dusty Kansas to the vibrant Land of Oz, he thinks he’s hit the jackpot—fame and fortune are his for the taking—that is until he meets three witches, Theodora (Mila Kunis), Evanora (Rachel Weisz) and Glinda (Michelle Williams), who are not convinced he is the great wizard everyone’s been expecting. Reluctantly drawn into the epic problems facing the Land of Oz and its inhabitants, Oscar must find out who is good and who is evil before it is too late. Putting his magical arts to use through illusion, ingenuity—and even a bit of wizardry—Oscar transforms himself not only into the great wizard but into a better man as well.

      Now,I want to tell you about past Oz films.The 1978 movie,The Wiz is a musical version starring Diana Ross of the Supremes,Michael Jackson,Nipsey Russell,and Richard Pryor.It's a remake version of the 1939 motion picture,but very different. The 1985 movie,Return to Oz is another story that follows the last story and in that Dorothy goes back to Oz to save her friends,The Scarecrow,The Tin Man,and the Cowardly lion,and of course there are new villains,like the Mombi the evil queen,the nome king who destroys Oz,and the wheelers. And new friends Billina,her chicken,Jack Pumpkin Head,Tik-Tok,and the Gump.

      If you have any comments,please reply.