XH834

  • MalikTous
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 23, 2011
      I just found news of yet another fading from our world...

      On Wings She Gave Us
      by AndyO! on November 23, 2011 at 12:01 am
      Posted In: Special

      I never met her, but I know I'm not alone in thinking she was special. We're all
      richer for her works. I've never read an Anne McCaffrey novel that was anything
      less than wonderful. And her worlds are as real to me as my own backyard.

      She left us yesterday to join the ranks of the immortals.

      The White Dragon was the first Anne McCaffrey book I ever read. And then I read
      it again. And then I read Dragonflight and Dragonquest, the first two novels of
      the first Pern trillogy. And then I read them again. Up until then, the only
      books I'd read twice were The Hobbit, The Lord of the Rings series, and Alfred
      Hichcock's Three Investigators: The Mystery of the Green Ghost. I've read all
      her Pern stories at least twice; many three or four times, and I'm going to read
      them again.

      The World has one dragonlady too few now.

      For her family and friends, I can only offer my deepest consolations. For her,
      my highest honors.

      Rest in praise, Dragonlady.

      This was posted by the artist of 'Too Much Information' webcomic in tribute to
      Ms McCaffrey making her final flight past Dreamtime to the Spirit Paths. Perhaps
      she'll be part of AH834 in the alternate time track; perhaps she'll ride a fine
      gold, blue, or white in Pern's track; perhaps she'll help Restorees recover.
      Wherever her next life is, I wish her best of success and luck.