Transformers - Dark of the Moon

  • MalikTous
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 5, 2011
      Tim and I saw this at West End Cinema, on 5th July. It was a worthwhile expedition to see Chicago get shredded by mechanised mayhem.

      The Decepticons want to use Earth as a conscript labour force and raw natural resource to rebuild their homeworld Cybertron, after they arrange a hyperspace portal to bring Cybertron into close Earth orbit. The Autobots, first contacted during the US moon missions and Russian unmanned moon landings in the 60s and 70s, are content with just living among humans and earning their way with either mechanised labour skills or defencive military capabilities. Their plans for earth end up in a battle for Chicago. Not bad for characters inspired by fold-up vehicle robot toys. Great action scenes that still advance the plot, medium complexity ethical situations. Good fun for 'mature' audiences, though the little ones are likely to get scared by the big Jusu Decepticon that looks like a big worm. Come see the bad guys get what they deserve...