191Hi, I'm the new guy.

  • lesleighsdad
    Jul 22, 2006
      Hi, my name is Jim and I am the happy owner of a 1979 Country Cruiser
      26" Class C motorhome, built on a Chevrolet G30 van chassis with a 400
      CID engine. We live in Edmonton, Alberta Canada and the economy here
      is absolutely booming, thanks to the oil industry. With such a hot
      economy, many people [unlike me] have gobs of cash to spend on new RVs
      and motorhomes. I say more power to them, as this means that it is a
      buyers market with regards to used units. There are so many RV dealers
      here, it's incredible! We ended up buying ours privately.
      Sometimes, I will meet a person who questions the wisdom of buying
      something so old. Personally, I question the wisdom of making $1000
      per month payments on a motorhome. To each his/her own, I guess.
      I don't mind doing my own work. Right now, I am in the process of
      installing a new high-performance Edelbrock Performer Plus camshaft
      and an Edlbrock Performer manifold. My concern is a lack of uphill
      power and, here in Alberta, there are a few good hills and the Rocky
      Mountains are nice and close. The performance parts should also
      improve my fuel economy. Right now, I get about 9 miles per gallon. In
      a touch of irony, my motorhome was built in Penticton, British
      Columbia and it does not have enough power to drive there :-)
      Onward and upward. :-)