An important initiative from OccupyFaith

  • kaizengunn
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2012
      Maybe you've heard the news: here at Occupy Faith, we are calling for a truth commission; a way to pull back the veil of shame that keeps people from talking about what their lives actually look like under our broken economic system. We're calling it "A People's Investigation of Money, Debt, and Power," and if you've been wondering what this is and how you might get involved, the time has come. Join us for a meeting of Occupy Faith NYC, next Thursday (10/4), at 10a in the Garden Room of Judson Memorial Church (enter at 239 Thompson Street.). The first half of this meeting will be a good introduction to the work of the API working group, and a place for discussion on how a truth commission might work for us, how this might be promoted within other faith communities throughout the city (and beyond), and how this work might dovetail with other Faith-based campaigns for social and economic justice.

      For more information about this please go to www.occupyfaithnyc.org

      Kaizen/Kaku