You gotta love the revolving door....

  • bokushu
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2012
      ...between our government and the industries supposedly regulated by our government. And this revolving door does not depend upon party affiliation.... democrats and republicans alike adore the opportunity to privately profit from the contacts and influence they develop during their government "service" stints.

      This article offers just a few details of one particular case. A higher-level case, and one with much more destructive results whose role is hardly ever examined, was John Snow, Geo. Bush's Secretary of the Treasury. Snow had been the CEO of railroad company CSX Corp., a position he ultimately achieved based in part on his "service" in the Nixon-Ford Transportation Department. He also served on a variety of boards, panels and committees for the Reagan White House.

      John Snow was the one, together with Alan Greenspan and Tim Geithner, who presided over and facilitated most of the idiocy that led to the financial crisis. Hank Paulson got all of the blame for the crisis but it was actually Snow who played the key role in its development. Snow failed to pay taxes on $24 million in income (aka "loan forgiveness") but has never served time. After Bush nominated him to lead Treasury he was unanimously confirmed by the U.S. Senate to that lofty position -- no dissent whatsoever!

      Anyone who thinks this doesn't corrupt our government every bit as much as Sheldon Adelson and his wife each giving $5 million to support Newt Gingrich's candidacy needs to think more deeply about it.

      Bokushu

      http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-01-31/goldman-said-to-be-in-talks-to-hire-siewert.html