3D tidbits...

  • Glen Martin
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2000
      Hello everyone...
      I thought I'd pass along an excerpt from an interview
      with Dave Foley (formerly of Kids in the Hall) done by
      Comedy Central:

      > CRIS: I also hear you've got a lot of toys --
      > you're into 3-D cameras?
      >

      > DAVE: Yes, I collect 3-D cameras. (Pointing to
      > another cameraman
      > standing
      > by.) That's my camera. This is one of my toys,
      > Darren.

      I also wanted to let you all know, in case you haven't
      heard, that portions of the latest Sports Illustrated
      swimsuit edition are in red/blue anaglyph 3D. Now, I
      honestly find the whole swimsuit issue phenomenon
      offensive and inherently misogynist. But given that
      it's a 3D collectible...had to get it.
      There are maybe 20-25 3D photos, and the composition
      is actually quite good, and makes for some impressive
      depth. There's also an article about the history of
      3D photography with some more 3D pictures from VM
      reels, stereoviews, etc. And some notes from the
      photographers noting that stereo photography is an
      ever-more sophisticated art and highly underused for
      conveying depth and realism in photographs. For an
      online preview of some of the photos, get out your red
      and blue glasses and follow the link below:

      <http://www.cnnsi.com/features/2000/swimsuit/3d/>

      I'd be interested to hear what you all think of the
      photos and the article (I haven't read it all the way
      through yet).
      Hope you're all well...
      Glen
      http://im.yahoo.com
    • Mary Ann & Wolfgang Sell
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 1, 2000
        There has been extensive discussion of the SI
        2000 Swimsuit edition on the Photo-3d Bulletin
        Board. It's a great issue!

        Mary Ann

        Glen Martin wrote:

        > From: Glen Martin <glen_martin_72@...>
        >
        > Hello everyone...
        > I thought I'd pass along an excerpt from an interview
        > with Dave Foley (formerly of Kids in the Hall) done by
        > Comedy Central:
        >
        > > CRIS: I also hear you've got a lot of toys --
        > > you're into 3-D cameras?
        > >

        > > DAVE: Yes, I collect 3-D cameras. (Pointing to
        > > another cameraman
        > > standing
        > > by.) That's my camera. This is one of my toys,
        > > Darren.
        >
        > I also wanted to let you all know, in case you haven't
        > heard, that portions of the latest Sports Illustrated
        > swimsuit edition are in red/blue anaglyph 3D. Now, I
        > honestly find the whole swimsuit issue phenomenon
        > offensive and inherently misogynist. But given that
        > it's a 3D collectible...had to get it.
        > There are maybe 20-25 3D photos, and the composition
        > is actually quite good, and makes for some impressive
        > depth. There's also an article about the history of
        > 3D photography with some more 3D pictures from VM
        > reels, stereoviews, etc. And some notes from the
        > photographers noting that stereo photography is an
        > ever-more sophisticated art and highly underused for
        > conveying depth and realism in photographs. For an
        > online preview of some of the photos, get out your red
        > and blue glasses and follow the link below:
        >
        > <http://www.cnnsi.com/features/2000/swimsuit/3d/>
        >
        > I'd be interested to hear what you all think of the
        > photos and the article (I haven't read it all the way
        > through yet).
        > Hope you're all well...
        > Glen
        > http://im.yahoo.com

        > FREE ADVICE FROM REAL PEOPLE! Xpertsite has thousands of experts who
        > are willing to answer your questions for FREE. Go to Xpertsite today and
        > put your mind to rest.
      • Eddie Bowers
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 1, 2000
          I heard that Dave Foley was a 3D enthusiast. I think he shoots with a
          Sputnik camera. I saw the Kids In The Hall show just a few weeks ago when
          it was in Dallas (Very Funny) and wished I could have talked to him and
          invited him to come to Mesa this summer.

          >Now, I honestly find the whole swimsuit issue phenomenon offensive and
          >inherently misogynist. But given that

          My wife's only complaint was that the men in the issue were not in 3D :)

          -Eddie
        • Joe Hohmann
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 11, 2000
            This (3-D) "Sports Illustrated" was the first I ever bought. It is
            GREAT !!!