How to Fry your power transformer

  • Lee
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 2, 2012
      I copied this from a posting on the hallicrafters mailing list that I recently joined, thanks to Lorne in Nanaimo. Thought this was quite interesting the the message calls a 5V4 a "death tube" anyone else heard or seen anthing along this topic line. Anyone know of other dangerous rectifiers prone to short out and ruin a radio transformer?

      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 2, 2012
        I have tried to be vigilant about replacing the selenium bias rectifier with a silicon rectifier as well.  It probably isn’t a big concern with tube sets but I have a pinball machine that needs a “heads up”.  I’m sure the audio guys on the list have a lot more information about them than I have.