Max capacity for people on v24

  • randygun3327
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 3, 2012
      Have been restoring a 1970 v24 and hope to launch in a few weeks and could not find the max amount of people the boat will safely hold. Anyone know I sure would appreciate the info.
    • Ken Chapman
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 3, 2012
        my 1972 will sleep 6 I'm gesssing that may be the max

        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 3, 2012
          I would limit my passenger count to 4 on your maiden voyage. You need to have full concentration on sailing, and ensure that everyone enjoys themselves and feels safe. When you gain some skill and confidence then you could take a couple more passengers aboard (if weather conditions are mild). In my boat I limit adults to four, with a couple children also. And you must also explain the importance of keeping the sailboat load balanced, and safety, safety, safety. Enjoy yourself, be careful, and go sail.

          Sent from my iPhone
        • Gil Vick
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 4, 2012
            Depends somewhat on how good friends they are :-)

            I am comfortable with 6 adults.

            On 11/3/2012 3:58 AM, randygun3327 wrote:

            Have been restoring a 1970 v24 and hope to launch in a few weeks and could not find the max amount of people the boat will safely hold. Anyone know I sure would appreciate the info.

          • John Ryan
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 5, 2012
              I've found there really isn't room for more than 4 adults in the cockpit.

              John

              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 6, 2012
                Thanks John good to know. Cheers

                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 6, 2012