Anyone have spare parts for a Venture 2-22

  • tidal9buc
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 17, 2012
      I'm refurbing a 1974 (I think) Venture 2-22 and am looking for some "stuff" and info.

      First, I'd like to see some interior pics of what one looks like as I purchased mine gutted. I need information on placement, and size of the mast spreaders, as mine didn't have any and there are no holes...it was repaired. I'm looking for a rudder, preferably kick up and tiller. I need a new boom, if I can't find one, I'd like to get the factory length so I can adapt one from another boat to fit I guess, I often see misc ones on ebay and figure I could chop one down to fit and have an adapter plate welded on to fit the groove on the mast.. I would like the forward hatch too, mine didn't come with one, but I can see the value in the ventilation aspect. I'm also looking to see if anyone has plans for an enclosure for the pop top. And finally some info on wiring and preferably some pics there too, mine was stripped.

      Thanks to anyone who can help me!

      tidal9@...
    • frank adams

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 17, 2012
          That sounds great, if you have pics of what your selling, I'd love to see them! What do you plan on doing with the hull? Do you have a forward hatch?

          --- In Venture24@yahoogroups.com, frank adams <paco1447@...> wrote:

          > I have several pics I will try to send to you, I had to kill my project. I
          > am getting ride of every thing. I have the mast the stays, cables, and side
          > railings still availbe. If your interested, The boat is in central Texas,
          >

          > On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 11:36 AM, tidal9buc <tidal9@...> wrote:
          >
          > > **
          > >

          > > I'm refurbing a 1974 (I think) Venture 2-22 and am looking for some
          > > "stuff" and info.
          > >
          > > First, I'd like to see some interior pics of what one looks like as I
          > > purchased mine gutted. I need information on placement, and size of the
          > > mast spreaders, as mine didn't have any and there are no holes...it was
          > > repaired. I'm looking for a rudder, preferably kick up and tiller. I need a
          > > new boom, if I can't find one, I'd like to get the factory length so I can
          > > adapt one from another boat to fit I guess, I often see misc ones on ebay
          > > and figure I could chop one down to fit and have an adapter plate welded on
          > > to fit the groove on the mast.. I would like the forward hatch too, mine
          > > didn't come with one, but I can see the value in the ventilation aspect.
          > > I'm also looking to see if anyone has plans for an enclosure for the pop
          > > top. And finally some info on wiring and preferably some pics there too,
          > > mine was stripped.
          > >
          > > Thanks to anyone who can help me!
          > >
          > > tidal9@...

        • Tim Parks
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 23, 2012

            I have the mast, boom, and kick-up rudder from a 1971 24', i have the tiller too, but it is delamenating.   I am not sure if the 22' used the same as the 24'.  I am near Sacramento

            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 25, 2012
              I would like to see pics of the rudder
              --- In Venture24@yahoogroups.com, Tim Parks <parks_tim@...> wrote:

              > I have the mast, boom, and kick-up rudder from a 1971 24', i have the tiller too, but it is delamenating.   I am not sure if the 22' used the same as the 24'.  I am near Sacramento

            • Tim Parks
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 28, 2012
              Here are photos of the rudder and tiller, they are original and in good shape