Re: [Venture24] Purchasing new mainsail

  • frank adams
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2012

      I have a set to sell

      On May 31, 2012 9:01 PM, "mattcloyd" <mattcloyd@...> wrote:

      Anyone on here purchased new sails for their Venture?

      I finally pulled my boat out of a long indoor slumber and discovered - much to my horror - that mice had found their way into the boat. They chewed massive holes all over my mainsail; it's well beyond any attempt at repair.

      Doing a quick search online found a few places, all with sails from $500 up to nearly $1,000 depending upon options. That's a lot a money to drop on a boat that isn't worth more than a couple grand altogether. But, of course, it's practically worthless without a mainsail. So, it's a carefully considered decision.

      So, any experience purchasing sails? Advice, tips, suggestions, warnings, coupons, a free sail - anything will be accepted with open arms.

      Thanks in advance -

      Matt

    • John Ryan
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 4, 2012
        I have a couple genoas that I would sell.  They fit my 71 V24.

        John

        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 5, 2012
          Get your foot and Luff measurements sit on e-bay for a few hours and shop, I got one for mine with the foot about 6" too short but it was only like $80 but it was in far better shape than my original one.