1971 V21

  • Wes Olson
    Message 1 of 8 , May 2, 2012
      Hi guys,

      I am looking for any info or diagrams about where the wiring runs for the lights and also where the battery goes. I can find nothing and There is no existing wiring.

      Also looking to possibly raise my boom, as you sit in the cockpit it's right at head smacking level, has anybody ever raised it? I'm pretty sure it will involve a new sail. Just looking for ideas or options. Be gentle!! I'm a newbie to sailing!!! Thanks

      Wes

      Sent from my iPhone
    • fuller630
      Message 2 of 8 , May 2, 2012
        I can't help you on the sail but that is why there is the time honored tradition of shouting prepare to jibe and jibe ho. Prepare to duck and duck! The 24 has a cover at the hull and top seam and the wiring runs under that. The breaker panel is usually just inside the cabin on one side or the other with the battery close by. Take a look at the photo section and links for ideas.

        --- In Venture24@yahoogroups.com, Wes Olson <wes1761@...> wrote:

        > Hi guys,
        >
        > I am looking for any info or diagrams about where the wiring runs for the lights and also where the battery goes. I can find nothing and There is no existing wiring.
        >
        > Also looking to possibly raise my boom, as you sit in the cockpit it's right at head smacking level, has anybody ever raised it? I'm pretty sure it will involve a new sail. Just looking for ideas or options. Be gentle!! I'm a newbie to sailing!!! Thanks
        >
        > Wes
        >
        > Sent from my iPhone

      • John Ryan
        Message 3 of 8 , May 4, 2012
          On my 71, the mast wiring comes down in front of the mast, through the deck and then along the starboard deck seam as described below.  My electrical panel is on the starboard side corner in front of the cockpit wall.  The battery is under the steps in the companionway.

          John

        • paco1447@gmail.com
          Message 4 of 8 , May 5, 2012
            I am parting out my 73' v 24' I have, sails for a 24, and 25' she was more project then I could handle, then we moved.
          • Wes Olson
            Message 5 of 8 , May 5, 2012
              Are the sails the same for a V-21 and a V-24? I know my mast is 24 feet tall....and I typed the wrong year for my boat, she's a 1972....

              Sent from my iPhone

              On May 5, 2012, at 6:11 PM, paco1447@... wrote:

              I am parting out my 73' v 24' I have, sails for a 24, and 25' she was more project then I could handle, then we moved.

              =
            • Ken Chapman
              Message 6 of 8 , May 5, 2012
                THE MAST ON MY 24 IS 27.5'

                Message 7 of 8 , May 5, 2012
                  I NEED WINDOW GLASS IF YOU HAVE HOW MUCH DO YOU WANT

                  I am parting out my 73' v 24' I have, sails for a 24, and 25' she was more project then I could handle, then we moved.

                • frank adams
                  Message 8 of 8 , May 6, 2012
                    30 bucks, for all, it will be next weekend before i can ship it though.