1970 v-24 with keel/ trunk damage

  • joshua
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 3, 2012
      My venture had its keel motified(added lead shot) on the leading edge to sail the shallow water in the IL river with the keel up. The shot that was sheathed in fiberglass and I thought it was original.Water got in and swelled And locked the keel in the down position. As i cranked th keel up for winter storage i shucked all the swollen/delaminated glass off the keel. It is down to the lead bulb @ the bottom and the
      steel strap. Im afraid the trunk is damaged too so Im scrapping it out.
      Everything must go! This boat is complete besides galley. I have 2 mainsails and 5 genoas some better than others. If you want something drop me a line. I love this to boat and hate to see her become an organ donor, but with the trunk copromised saftey is an issue. This boat was raced and is rigged as such. jammers, clutches lines led aft ect. pm or email to inquire. any questions post.