Re: [Venture24] rigging

  • Bob Brewer
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 2, 2011
      BRIAN,
      NOT SURE IF YOU HAVE HAD MANY RESPONSES.  JIB FAIRLEADS FOR THE WORKING JIB WERE LOCATED ON THE CABIN TOP ABOUT 2/3S ABAFT THE MAST.  JAM CLEATS WOULD WORK WELL FOR THE JIB.  THERE SHOULD BE A FAIRLEAD OR BLOCK ON A MOVEABLE TRACK ON THE SIDE DECKS ABOUT EVEN WITH THE CABIN BULKHEAD FOR THE LARGER JIBS.  CLEATS ARE  USUALLY PLACED AFTER THE WINCHES AND WORK BETTER FOR THE LARGER JIBS, ETC.
      WISH I COULD SEND PHOTOS BUT HAVE STRIPPED MY BOAT AND AM COMPLETELY RE-FINISHING IT WHICH SHOULD TAKE ABOUT TWO MONTHS DEPENDING ON HOW MUCH TROUBLE THE KEEP WILL BE.
      REGARDS,
      BOB ANB ROB
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 2, 2011

        Thanks, Bob
        Yours is the only response thus far. Could you clarify for me what you mean by 2/3s abaft the mast?
        It would be helpful to have a distance out from the hull centerline to the working jib fairleads, and a distance aft of the mast centerline to the same location.
        Thanks again for your info