Re: 1971 Venture 24

  • mike
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 1, 2010
      --- In Venture24@yahoogroups.com, "azsailor12" <azsailor12@...> wrote:

      > Just bought my first boat, though I've sailed a few times on rental boats. It could use a paint job, but is otherwise in good shape. I moved it up to Roosevelt Lake here in AZ and will be up there a lot the rest of the year.
      >

      > John

      Nice looking boat John, and welcome to the club. I have been on here for a while and found this to be very a informative site. I wish you fair winds and good sailing. would like to see more pics of your boats interior when you get a chance. My 24 is the first sailboat I have owned and I really like it. It is what I have learned to sail on, or maybe I should say I am learning to sail on. I am still making rookie mistakes and having a blast. Anyway good luck and looking forward to hearing about your adventures.
    • azsailor12
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 11, 2010
        Thanks Mike. I'll try to take some more photos next weekend.

        John

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 18, 2010
          Posted some interior photos. Didn't get to sail this weekend, but replaced the main halyard block, and repaired a few other things. Planning to go out again in 2 weeks.

          John

          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 16, 2011
            I replaced the block for the jib a couple weeks ago, and noticed that it had also failed in the past- the swage failed. Instead of replacing it, the past owner held it together with a screw and nut! I'm sure this is a common failure, so I recommend everyone check theirs if they haven't already. The original blocks have no sheaves, just a pin that the halyard goes over.

            John