Veggie Pride Parade NYC, May 17; American Vegan Garden Party, May 24 2009.

    Message 1 of 1 , May 14 2:59 PM
      May 14 2009 notice of Upcoming Events

      Veggie Pride Parade NYC, May 17; American Vegan Garden Party, May 24 2009.

      The American Vegan Society will be participating in the Veggie Pride Parade in New York City on Sunday May 17. We look forward to seeing many of you there. The parade starts at noon in the Old Meat District and concludes at the north end of Union Square Park with a festival of music, exhibitors, and an exciting line-up of speakers. It is the place to see and be seen! Authors Linda Long and Fran Costigan will be signing books at our table. For parade details, see www.veggieprideparade.org. In the evening, there will be showings of Meat the Truth: The massive impact of livestock farming on climate change, presented by Marianne Thieme of the Netherlands.

      On the following Sunday, May 24, you are invited to the American Vegan Society Garden Party/Annual Meeting in rural Malaga New Jersey. The outdoor event features a luncheon buffet at noon, and music by Mary Lombardi and Friends. Erin Williams will speak about Why Farm Animals Matter, and John Bodrog will tell us about Modern Soymilk Production. Our book room¬ówith its extensive stock of titles on veganism, cooking, nutrition, health, history, and philosophy¬ówill be open from 11 am to 6 pm. Members and the public are welcome. There is no set charge, but donations will be accepted. Phone to make reservations. See www.americanvegan.org.